nothing big about today. it was a lovely day of rest. i finished People, started a Margot Early book, and watched many VHS tapes.
- Housesitter - goldie hawn, steve martin, rom com, love it! i don't really like goldie hawn, or so i think. but then when i see this movie, i really like her! maybe i just don't like that movie she's in w/ kurt russell that everyone else really likes? overboard? idk. anyway, after this one i wanted more steve martin, so i put in
- A Simple Twist of Fate - which steve wrote & is based lightly off of Silas Marner, which was one of my favorite stories we read aloud in school. a sweet, funny, touching movie. then i needed something fast-paced, so i picked
- Sing - it's from the same ppl who wrote/produced Footloose, and idk how it hasn't been a classic like that movie. peter dobson is ... manly. : ) and interesting random fact about him - he has since been in all three CSI's. lol
after Sing, i couldn't decide what to watch, and i really wanted to read a book. so i started Holding the Baby by Margot Early. she's one of my favorite authors! took a little movie break & then put in
- Ghostbusters - if i can't see it on the big screen, at least i own it! : ) i continued my purely VHS watching streak after that w/
- Excess Baggage - LOVE this movie, love the soundtrack, love alicia silverstone and christopher walken!! : ) april sent me a message while watching this one & reading, so i logged in to the IM & got to chat w/ her for a bit. she agreed w/ me that the last movie of my VHS streak should be
- Ferris Bueller - a classic!! : ) i still can't believe how much these kids packed into a few hours in chicago! *laugh* i noticed how much the chicago skyline/landscape has changed since this movie was shot, too.
tomorrow it's back to work! praying for a good night's sleep & a blessed day for me & y'all as well! : )