"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 31 January 2011

let's play that tune again!

gearing up for another SNOWSTORM.


this weekend was very nice, very relaxing.  started a new book yesterday & read 1/2 of it in one sitting!  One Dance With A Duke.  it's the first in the trilogy i won from brandi's site awhile ago, by Tessa Dare.  she's brilliant, really!  i will have to let andrea borrow it when i'm done, too.  : )  check out her site & watch the video.  it's great!  


i found Buck Rogers at WM for $10!!  the complete series!  i thought i was gonna marry gil gerard when i was little, i really did.  : )  i also got the first season of macgyver!  we watched the first disc last night.  my observations, from not having seen this show since i was little (other than the random rerun many years ago) - he lived in a planetarium?!  so cool!!!  i didn't remember him being quite so much of a fighter.  am curious to see if he gets less so as the seasons progress ... and also he makes science COOL.  heh.  love it!  


also, while at WM, i saw THIS:







parked right behind it, and immediately thought "COOLEST CAR EVER!"  yes, i'm a nerd.  i'm sooo okay w/ that.  : )  i kinda hung around a little longer than normal, hoping the owner of the car would come out, but they didn't.  alas!  i didn't take a picture of the back, because i didn't want to show the license plate, but the back was all space & 3 more ships.  awesomeness!  


today was an interesting day.  work at 7:30, very productive!  hooray!  got lots of claims in, and other than some problem-solving, that was pretty much my day.  i'd hoped to get some photos in, but i'll get to work on those tomorrow, so it's all good.  heh.  and ... *gasp*  i actually got to leave ALMOST on time!!  i'm celebrating that, because idk how long it'll last!  *laugh*  


it was snowing when i left, but still light, and really okay.  everyone was pretty much going slowly, which was good!  i stopped at hy vee gas for a diet pepsi & smokes, cuz who wants to be outta smokes if there's a blizzard?  not me!  then home to make a delicious dinner & watch NCIS: LA, NCIS, and BONES.  : )  bret's at his brother's playing games & hopefully having a great time!  


and then there's SNOWGATE 2011.  ugh.  i'm praying for NO BLIZZARD, because even tho it's a delicious treat from DQ... i don't want one.  *laugh*  anyway, depending on what snow does come our way (they were saying a foot, then i heard nearly TWO feet, so i don't even know anymore) i might be leaving work early tomorrow & stuck at home wednesday.  and someone mentioned the possibility of needing to shovel my roof?!  so, really, dear Lord, please let it just be a little sneeze of snow & not a great big ACHOO!  


i think that's all the fun i have for you today.  oh, i guess a couple more things - my friend jessica from elementary found me (and april & becks) on FB!  i love it!  : )  and, i'll leave you with 2 lovely cards i received in the mail - a postcrossing from the east coast & a lovely card and letter from micaela.  thanks, love!  also thank you to kaitlyn for the note, that was sweet!  : )  







ttfn!  stay warm & safe my dear friends!


3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited and thankful for a day off tomorrow due to the winter weather we are having! :) I bet it's nothing comapred to your neck of the woods, although we Texans are just not use to driving in this kind of conditions! I'm so excited to catch up on netflix and blog reading. Man have I missed you Carrie! Philip and I just had a smoke and it is FREEZING out there! The last time it snowed a ton was Christmas of 2009 and it was totally unexpected and so I did not stock up on cigs and it was terrible. I went through all of my old purses looking for an old pack and praying I'd find one. And guess what? I found ONE stale cig and it was the best in the world hahaha :) So I'm prepared for this blizzard :) I think it's supposed to be bad until late Wed or Thurs. Stay warm and safe if work doesn't get canceled for you, but I'm crossing my fingers it does!
    I don't remember Macgyver, but it makes me think of my childhood because my aunt Beatrice LOVED that show and was in looooove with him :)
    That is one cool car :) I always love seeing the mini coopers with the Union Jack tops! :) My kind of car ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you! and i am still here and i am still reading! :)

    p.s. i love the little minor changes you have made to the blog! like the font and such! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marianne - cheers to being prepared! trish & i were talking about that on break today, to make sure we both had soda & cigs in case we were snowed in tomorrow. lol which it's looking like we will be... the coopers w/ UJ tops are sweeet!

    corey - thank you!! i love how the post title font came out. : )

    *HUGS* to you both, so happy to see comments from you, i've missed your insights! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete