"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Sunday 2 January 2011

scuttlebut

ahhh, last day off.  tomorrow, it's back to getting up at 6:30 in the morning, driving bret to work, and back to work for me, too.  i'm not looking forward to having a specific time to get up - especially because it's so early!  *laugh*  i am, however, looking forward to getting back to work.  a little.  *laugh*  i mean, you know i enjoy my job!  but recently it's gotten tougher, and i'm not looking forward to the stupid things that go along w/ the job.  i like the WORK, i don't like the "extras" that aren't really part of the job but are part of corporate life.  ya know?  meh.  anyway, i'm trying not to let things that happened before break bring me down about it all!!!  i have had such an awesome, amazing, BLESSED break, that i want to take that JOY into work w/ me tomorrow!  we'll see if i'm allowed ... 


anywhoo.  : )  today i have watched Blue Bloods, and a bunch of The Love Boat.  : )  reminded me that my love of shows hasn't gone anywhere!  heh.  i've laughed so much today; i've missed laughing at silly things!  : )  of course, after four episodes of TLB i decided i needed something darker & decided on Silk Stalkings.  LOL  i remember watching this show on USA when i was little.  oh my heck, i am amazed i'm not more warped, seriously!  have you seen this show?  it's ALL about the sexy, and i don't think i would have been allowed to watch it if my parents had known.  at the time, the sex completely went over my head, tho.  i know this, because when watching it now, i have NO recollection of it!  *laugh*  i remembered it as a boy/girl buddy cop show.  which it is.  but it's also like SVU but sultry.  and for some reason makes me think of miami vice.  i think that's just because of the setting/timeline, tho.  


i did a little laundry, some dishes, took the movies back to blockbuster... late, but i took them in & paid the fee... mailed some cards... read some blogs.  i feel like even thru all the TV i watched, i was at least productive!  : )  


i started my 2011 calendar, but i am missing some birthdays.  if i don't have yours - please share! 


ttfn!  




4 comments:

  1. Ugh back to the daily grind tomorrow! :( haha tomorrow is the first day in our new offices (we moved from downtown to uptown in a new, big building filled with other businesses and the neat thing is that one of my best friends Lauren works on the fifth floor and I'll be on the eighth! So that's cool to already have a buddy in the building! Plus it's much closer to my house!) so that kinda gives me something to look forward to. It's kinda fun to organize my new desk etc. (we got brand new office furniture, my boss went to Dallas to pick up our stuff from Ikea. Reminded me of your Ikea post and again I still can't believe I have never gone!)But like you I'm still not looking forward to waking up early and at a certain time :( I need to start doing my 2011 calendar tomorrow while at work. Thanks for the reminder :) And when you were talking about TV shows on USA I remembered that I completely thought of you when I saw the new previews for the new season of "White Collar" - gosh I cannot wait for my Neal fix!!! :) I know you feel the same :) Have a wonderful Monday morning Carrie Marie! And you bring that joy into work with you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKEA furniture!?! i'm just a little green here, marianne! ; ) that's so cool about lauren being in the same building!! i love things like that!

    neal will be back for us soooon! *bounce* so excited!! actually, pretty excited to see peter, too. he's handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you job works out for you and starts getting better! i was reading through marz's comment too, and guess what? i too am moving into a new office building today! weird! haha but unfortunately, my furiture is not from Ikea lol. HowEVER! I LOVE that store! So much! They have one in SLC and evertime I go home, I make sure to at least drive past it, if not go into it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Corey you're crackin me up! i can just see you driving by the IKEA, waving & saying, "Hi IKEA! I'll be visiting you soon!"

    ...

    ...

    oh, wait, that's ME. LOL ; )

    ReplyDelete