"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Wednesday 19 January 2011

push

i felt pushed to the edge today.  it started early... did i mention that the light above my desk was flickering & buzzing yesterday?  the boss very kindly took it out, to be replaced by maintenance that night.  i sent a note telling them to make sure & only replace the MIDDLE light, which is the one currently in there.  i did this because there was a reason we only had one light in there, and that reason was that it's too bright otherwise.  too bright for me.  (too bright for my last helper bee, before she left, too.  i was not alone!)  anyway, i got to work this morning, and what is shining, surrounding my desk?

ALL THREE FRAKKIN BULBS.

felt like a spotlight.  ugh.  i very nearly cried.  at 7:30 in the morning, right there in front of everyone.  well, the 4 co-workers who were there that early!  

my boss very kindly took out two of the lights before i was pushed to that extreme.  of course, he also sorta snapped at me about it first.  i don't think he quite understood why it bothered me so much.  and i think it's just really stressy everywhere, so after the initial "verge of tears AGAIN" moment, i understood & was okay. plus, when i got back from lunch, the lights were gone.  : )  

(btw, if you don't understand why the light bothered me so much, i'll just say - headaches are no fun, and i have anxiety issues.)

the day flew by, as it does when one is busy beyond belief.  lol  but when i left at 6, it was with the knowledge that i'm well-prepared to get ALL the claims in for tomorrow's deadline!  yay!  i actually have some hope that i might, might get them all in before 6 & have time to do some other work, as well.  hey, it's good to have hope!  

for dinner, i once again had an egg sandwich.  i'm on a kick, apparently!  just been craving eggs this week!  anyone know what that means?  i'm sure there's folklore or science behind craving eggs.  tonight i fried up some SPAM to go on my sammich, tho.  : )  it was yummmmy!  

i watched the new White Collar and then Push.  since it was that kinda day.  so happy to have my neal and peter back!  : )  




i mean, really!  (i know, i have lots of crushes.  *laugh*)

anywhoo, that concludes your peek into my day.  i must get to bed, on the chance that bret will be working tomorrow & all.  i hope he does, and yet... it is kinda nice getting to work at 7:30 & having that "extra" 1/2 an hour before anyone starts to bother me.  but really i think he needs to work more, so i am praying that he gets to work tomorrow.

take care, stay warm, and happy almost friday!  ttfn!  


2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you Carrie Marrie for sharing a pic of our sexy Neal!! :) I just love, love, LOVE him! :) So happy that he's back in our lives :)

    I HATE those "on the verge of tears" moments, especially when they happen at work. The worst!!! So glad that the light bulbs were taken out before you got a headache.

    I also love egg sandwiches and could eat one any time of day :) I especially love SPAM too! And Vienna sausages, corned beef - all the "canned meats" most people find disgusting :) but I love it!

    So glad it's nearly Friday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, vienna sausages! yes yes yes! (altho i do not recommend the "smoked" version of these. not good!)

    ReplyDelete