"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Ssssnowmagedon...brrrr!

Well, it is certainly a snowy one. It didn't look so bad all day. I thought i'd be able to stay at work til 4:30, but at quarter to two the wind suddenly picked up and the blizzard, well the blizzard was suddenly HERE. i left at two-thirty and asked bret to shovel the drive and walkway. it took me an hour (twice the time as normal) to get home and the walkway was already drifted over! when i went out later, i had to literally shovel my way out the door!!  when i went out a little bit ago, the snow drifts are as tall as the car, the one on my back porch is nearly 1/2 way up to the window.  and we saw that AFTER we shoveled to get out.  bret wedged the door open far enough that he could fit thru & then shoveled the porch, then when i came back in, i couldn't get the screen door closed!  d'oh!  finally got it... : )  

and bret just discovered a fb group dedicated to this blizzard. lol!!!!

i really don't know if i'm going to work tomorrow or not.  all the blowing snow, it's supposed to get worse around midnight, until...?  idk when.  and the crews aren't coming out til it's all over - which makes sense in a way because they'd have to be at it constantly at this rate.  i'm not entirely sure how i'll know what the roads are like tomorrow, tho... anyway, i think i'll just plan on going in late & see what the day brings!  

other than all that craziness... 

i made breakfast for dinner - french toast, SPAM & eggs.  mmm!  bret & i watched a Merlin marathon while i finished my book!  : )  next is book #2, Twice Tempted By A Rogue.  main character's name is Rhys.  not sure how to pronounce, so any help would be good!  

now we're watching criminal minds & i'm catching up w/ a couple blogs & then ... i'm hittin the hay.  sleepy!  zzzz  : )  might have pictures of SNOW tomorrow.  aren't you excited?  LOL  

what's the weather like for you?  this system is like 2,000 miles wide, so chances are you've been or are experiencing some snow of  your own.  do share!  

ttfn : ) 


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the snow day just as I am :) I can't get over this weather that is practically crippling the country. I have a feeling I'll prob have to go to work tomorrow, although I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping for another snow day tomorrow! That would be lovely! :)
    Breakfast sounds sooooo good right now! I just realised how hungry I am after I read about your french toast, eggs and Spam (man I LOVE Spam!) and on that note I think I'm going to tinker around the kitchen and see what I can cook (or heat) up :)

    ReplyDelete