"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 10 January 2011

Super Heroes, I want more Super Heroes!!

i'm watching The Cape right now, first episode.  i read a review that was less than favorable, and i wasn't going to watch just because i hate being disappointed by super hero fare.  i'm happy that i didn't listen, tho, because i really am enjoying it!  A) the dude who plays the cape is HOT!  B) Summer Glau is in it!!  and C) it reminds me of Batman, Nightman and Dark Angel so far.  *bounce*  of course, since A) i love it, B) it's quirky, and C) it's a super hero show, it probably won't last.  *sigh*  but i'm gonna watch it for as long as it does!!  


does anyone else actually remember Nightman?  it was on for a good while, but i think that's because it was syndicated.  you used to be able to syndicate awesome shows.  now days no one gives anything a chance, ya know?  i'm so happy that glee took off, became a critical success early on.  sure, they got a little big-headed & lost their way there for awhile, but they seem to be coming back to what we all loved about season 1.  


all of this is making me reallllly excited for The Green Lantern, Thor (oh yeah!!!), Transformers 3 & Iron Man 3 & Batman 3... there are a lot of third movies coming out this year & next year!  : )  there's also The Avengers, which i'm not entirely sure about, and The Green Hornet, which looks more funny than super-hero-y, and i don't really remember much from the original (or the comic for that matter...)!  


anywhoo.  moving on to my day, eh?


i went to bed at 10 (yes, TEN) last night, after bret & i watched jurassic park.  worked out well since i was actually KIND OF bright eyed & bushy tailed when i got up at 6:30 this morning.  : )  had time to make a nice breakfast & drink some chai... 


work went well, i felt like i was able to organize nicely - which is only because i scheduled myself on friday!  it was a brilliant idea & i thank God that i had it.  i think i'll continue it the rest of this week.  my wall-mate was able to help me w/ some stuff, and i got quite a bit accomplished!  PTL!  tomorrow is scheduled & so i have a direction & everything.  idk how my goal of only doing 6 hours of OT is going to come out, tho.  i was there til 6 tonight, and planning to be there til 6 tomorrow... then only 5 on wednesday to have dinner w/ erin.  back to 6 thursday & friday... well, it's a plan anyway!  : )


so, after work, i decided to go to CFA to finally have my grilled chicken wrap.  except... for the THIRD TIME IN A ROW... they were out again!  :'(   i'm racking up the free meal cards, but ... it's not really helping me since the meal i WANT they are out of!  i don't understand how they are suddenly out of them all the time.  shouldn't they figure out that the demand is obviously higher lately for some reason, so they should be making more?  they probably are making more & the demand is just that high.  *sigh*  anyway, i guess i'll just keep trying!  my grilled chicken sandwich was good, but not.  i mean, it was delicious CFA, so of course it was GOOD.  it just wasn't what i wanted, ya know?  


and that's my monday!  what did you get up to on yours?  : )  


ttfn!  


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE super hero movies!!! Especially the "X-Men" movies!! Specifically Wolverine :) He's always been my favourite character and we named our dog Logan after him :) I just didn't think Wolverine fit a chihuahua haha When I think of "Thor" I think of "Adventures in Baby Sitting!" :) "Jurrasic Park" use to be one of my absolute favourite movies! I LOVED dinosaurs growing up :) I'm glad you had a great Monday aside from not getting your CFA wrap :( SO glad it wasn't anything like my Monday :( Thanks for your sweet comment! Hope we have great Tuesdays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne - ME, TOO with Adventures In Babysitting & Thor! lolololol! Vincent D'Nofrio (sp?) as Thor ... so awesome! I hope your Tuesday was better than your Monday! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited for the avengers movies! i really am! i think it is going to be a really good one, but I am just so excited for all the marvel movies, period! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know, it's gonna be awesome! the way they did the new hulk move was sweet (the first one sucked, altho i guess if i watched it again it might not be THAT bad). : )

    ReplyDelete