"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Thursday 27 January 2011

i sing along with richard marx

i do this because our voices harmonize well together, i love his music, and WOW singing along to richard marx makes me feel good!  i found a random 80's cd in my car the other day & popped it in ... i haven't taken it out yet, and have been listening & singing along & remembering a simpler time when i didn't have stress.  (except i think i did have stress, i've just repressed it, because when i talk about not having stress ppl tell me stories about bad things that happened that i don't remember.  do you ever wonder why the mind represses what it does?  i mean, i do remember plenty of crappy stuff that happened, so ... ya know?  anywhoo...lol)  


hold on to the night
wild wild west
get outta my dreams (and into my car)
wishing well
*announcer voice* and many more!  


today was crazy.  a good day, even so.  


7:30 start time. productivity ensued.  answered questions, helped w/ timecards and did vacations and finally put a dent in my error report!  hallelujah!  then it was time to go to the doctor for my diabetes check.  everything went fine, except a little attitude from the dr that made me growly.  there are a couple tests/what have yous that i'm not comfortable with, and so i don't do them.  i've explained my reasons and feelings to the dr before, a few times in some cases.  and yet, every time, every visit, she seems surprised and even irritated that i won't do these tests.  and today she was like, "you know, i'm trying to work with you here, but there might come a time if you don't follow my directions that i refuse to see you."  i was like, "uhh, what do you mean?  i do everything you've told me to do, except these two tests, and we've talked about why i don't want to do them."  she backed down, but it still kinda ticked me off.  don't try to blackmail me or bully me into doing something i'm uncomfortable with!  i'm taking my meds, moving more, eating right (i've lost 30 lbs since september, thankyouverymuch*raspberry*)... 


after that whole thing, i kept mostly cool, thankfully.  grabbed lunch & then went to my other doctor appt about my anxiety.  ironic, really, because i had to fight so much anxiety to even make it to the doctor to talk about my anxiety.  *laugh*  but it went well, for the most part.  i liked the dr, he wore a neat sweater and was really nice.  i wasn't too fond of the making me freak out so he could see what my anxiety attacks look like, however.  i didn't fully relax again until i was back at work, even tho he took care of the problem causing this anxiety.  thank God.  the amount of relief i felt when i finally did relax & let the fact that it's over wash over me... i still feel that relief... is monumental!  : )  even the stuff that had been causing me stress all week, i handled with ease and didn't get the icky feeling in my stomach - which tells me that i was even more worried about the whole parking incident than i thought.  oye!!


i helped some more ppl in the afternoon, sent some confirmations, entered some FRA's.  : )  and i left at 5:15, to meet michelle at applebee's.  YUMMMY!  (no photos for the food blog, which is a bummer because they would have been good.)  it was so nice to visit w/ my friend over a good and delicious meal!  


and then home to finish The Cat Who Went Up The Creek(soooo good, i think i'll pick up some other Cat books.  thanks, aunt janie!!), watch some Wipeout (oh, Winter Wipeout, LOL) and then Finding Forrester, which is such an awesome movie i can't even explain.  if you haven't seen it, please rent it straight away!  and i think it counts as a teacher movie, even!  : )  


TGIF tomorrow!  it's the first day i'm actually fully looking forward to in a long time.  after work i get to hang out w/ the boys over at mom's.  fun fun!  


and now that i've shared with you my day, won't you share a bit of yours?  : )  ttfn!  



p.s.
postcard from stephen.  : )  he's now 7 1/2, enjoying school, and wonders if i'm coming to chase's birthday party.  idk if i am or not...i'd like to, but i just don't know if i can!

2 comments:

  1. ha i'm loving that cat! and that you sing with marx ;)

    and that today was a good day. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it pretty? happy weekend to you, miss(mrs!) micaela! : )

    ReplyDelete