"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Sunday 9 January 2011

love language

happy sunday, parrrrrty peeps!  i have had a good day, mostly a restful day.  : )  i got up early to take bret to church & then went to WM for some necessities & whatnot.  i forgot to look for the movie i wanted to get, tho - the latest WM/P&G family movie.  it's really amazing, tho, how many times i can go to the grocery store - WITH a list & still forget things.  yeesh.  


i was soooo hungry, too, but i did good & didn't get any junk & didn't stop for a breakfast sammich - i came home & put the groceries away & made a breakfast sammich here.  : )  then i watched some hulu - Human Target, Castle, the Christmas episode of Glee because i needed it, and now i'm catching up w/ last week's GH & maybe OLTL if i have time.  woot!!!  


sarah called & we chatted for an hour or so.  i can't believe chase is going to be a YEAR next month, and joy's having her baby next month & wow time flies!  *laugh*  


ummm... what else?  *laugh*  wrote out a couple postcrossings & other cards this afternoon.  i'm thinking of some pasta for dinner in a little bit.  just don't know if i wanna take the time to make it.  *laugh*  i had a PB & chocolate chip sammich for lunch, and i'm contemplating just having waffles & cream cheese for dinner instead of pasta, but it's been so long since i've made the latter that i'm really craving it!  hmmm.  eh, we'll see, we'll see.  : )  


hope you have had an amazing weekend, and that you'll leave me some comment love to tell me all about it!  i was thinking about my love language today, and how it's words.  comments, letters, cards, emails, IM's, even snippets on facebook - these make me happy, and these are how i express myself to those i love.  and, you all know my adoration of presents!  i also enjoy money, as in being paid for my job.  but that's just a means to an end - i need money to pay for my home & gas for my car, groceries to eat... above that, what means more to me is a "good job," "we appreciate your hard work and excellent customer service."  i LOVE making ppl happy, and when i can't do what they want me to, i try my best to explain the WHY - not just saying, "sorry, can't help you," but telling them why i can't.  or finding someone/somehow to help them.  


lately, i haven't felt that appreciation from my bosses, but have been feeling a lot of it from co-workers & the employees that i help on a daily basis.  last week i kind of got caught up in my need to hear it from the boss, and it took some words of wisdom from my wall-mate to snap me out of that.  this week i shall try to be more appreciative of what i AM being given than letting that which i'm not get to me.  i know it's not a deliberate snub, and so i need to just remember that when i'm feeling down.  : )  


here's to a brilliant new week, blog buddies.  much love!  


ttfn... 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quote above. Love it! I'm going to "borrow" for my quote of the day at work.. or maybe just for my FB status! =) Love your blog Carrie! ~Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, kudos to you for resisting the junkfood at WM. I always, always fail. And I always go there hungry. (HELLO? Asking to fail!).

    Hope you have a great rest of your week carmar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bwhahaha! thanks, steph! remember - keep a snack of some sort in your purse for those shopping emergencies!

    ReplyDelete