"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Wednesday 12 January 2011

lessons learned

today was lots of fun!  i actually am starting to feel like i have a plan.  i can see the piles of work shaping into DONE piles, or at least semi-done.  there's so much to do, i have to compartmentalize it or i'll get overwhelmed.  when i get the IM's & the emails & the phone calls all coming at once, sure it's an adrenaline rush, but i then feel like i'm leaving someone/something out.  everyone's super nice, tho, so it's all good!  : )  GOD is good!  He blesses me every day, amen!


i left at 5 tonight, so i could hang out w/ erinlou!  i was so excited because i hadn't seen her since my birthday, and I MISS HER!  picked up arthur's (YUMMMY) & we just hung out at her house for a few hours.  we watched President Obama speak at the memorial in arizona for the 6 killed & 13 injured.  that whole crazy mess is just scary, but i think it was nice of the president to go there & speak.  i don't agree w/ a lot about him, but i do believe that he truly cares about ppl, and this country.  i hope that one day when i'm president, i don't mess things up.  ya know?  i'm sure i won't be able to fix everything, tho, no president can.  ; ) 


anyway, it was really great to hang out w/ erin.  we did talk about some hard truths, that sort of threw me for a loop.  she said i've changed since daddy died, and ... i didn't think i had really, but i guess so.  she wasn't saying it as a bad thing or whatever, but it was just weird to hear.  i think i'm a lot more assertive now than i was then - i'm less afraid to communicate... but at the same time maybe i'm communicating too much?  idk.  and there's the whole numbness thing.  which is annoying, really.  *laugh*  however, i do try to combat it, sort of!  and i'm a lot more focused on LOVE than i was before.  i would like to be more focused on my friends, if they'd let me.  i try to be open to them, but sometimes must seem closed off.  idk how i'm closed off, tho, so it's hard to change that.  it was good, tonight, because there were some things that we needed to talk about, and i didn't even know!  


our visit got cut short, well, i'd been there for 4 hours, but probably could've stayed visiting awhile longer.  *laugh*  bret texted me that he was at church & needed a ride home, so i headed off to get him.  it was nice that i wasn't home yet, because his church is closer to erin's than to home!  : )  


and now, i'm off to bed, even tho i have 1/2 a diet pepsi left.  heh!  i'll stick it in the fridge & drink it tomorrow.  i leave you with a fortune cookie tale... 



"You will be successful in love."



This is the message yesterday’s fortune cookie from Mongolian Grill had for me.  And I agree.  I AM successful in love. 
 
What’s that?  I don’t have a husband?  Or a fiancé or a boyfriend?  I don’t even date? 
 
*blink*  What’s your point?
 
I am surrounded by love.  Some tell me I love everything, too much.  They are surprised when there is something I DON’T like, or love.  Some may see that as a detriment, but I see it as a SUCCESS.  I love, and am loved by, my Savior, friends, family, nieces and nephews.  I am blessed to love my job.  I am blessed to be loved (mostly) in what I do. 
 
When I opened this cookie today, my first thought was to snort, because of the points above.  I thought, “Yeah, right, fortune cookie.  Way to get THAT one wrong!”  And the Lord whispered to me, that I am surrounded by love.  And I wanted to acknowledge that, and praise Him for all that He’s given me. 
 
Love. 
 
Are you surrounded by love today?  If you’re reading this, please know that you are at this very moment, surrounded by love.
 
TTFN!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment