"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 14 March 2011

there's rum in my ice cream

i love postcards!  i want them every day.  it makes me soooo happy to open my mailbox & have cards and letters!  it's like getting a hug.  : )  






today's cards were from portugal & oregon.  : )  


how'd everyone's monday go?  was it hard for you to get up, w/ the "spring forward" hangover?  *laugh*  it certainly was for me.  it was DARK, and that makes me just want to snuggle into my blankets... lol  normally i wake up to bret's alarm, but this morning it was angel hissing, because she was playing "guard kitty" at my door & bret was trying to tell me it was 6:20.  *laugh*  whoops!!


was a good and productive work day.  stuck pretty much to the schedule i'd laid out for myself last week.  listened to my glee cd's most of the day.  broke out the 80's at the end of the day to get me thru the last hour, tho!  lol  eye of the tiger & owner of a lonely heart ... love!!  


and i actually left before six tonight!  woot!  of course, that's mainly because i had to stop working on claims 1/2 an hour before i was scheduled to stop because i was zoning out on them.  *laugh*  i switched over to photos - 1000 more to do ya know.  *laugh*  that was a slightly hysterical laugh... 


i fixed myself a delicious cheese omelet w/ sausage & baby swiss cheeze its for dinner.  : )  then, i must not have had enough carbs in my diet today because i kept having a hankering for something but couldn't figure out what!  i ate a mini almond joy, a few honey roasted peanuts, about 7 bites of bananas foster ice cream (did you know there's rum in that??) and finally some popcorn.  thankfully, the popcorn finally did it!  LOL  


bret & mom went out to have a talking to w/ his shysty car salesman guy.  i'm not sure where misha is, work i think.    so i've been watching the hulu... celebrity apprentice & undercover boss!  love it!  : ) also got to chat w/ april for a minute.  woot!   


i think after UB i'm gonna go to bed, tho.  i'm tired, and i apparently need more sleep!!  heh.  


ttfn!!  

3 comments:

  1. I def had a "spring forward" hangover myself! I kept hitting snooze and before I knew it, it was 7:30!!! I have to be at work at 8! But it turned out okay :) I also listened to some 80's this afternoon while I worked to get me through the day! We are so alike :)

    Almond Joy sounds so good right now. I haven't had one in ages. I just got through eating a pack of M&M's :)

    I can't wait for you to be able to catch up on White Collar on Hulu so we can discuss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!!! Your dinner makes me hungry even after i ate TOO MUCH at dinner ;)

    your description of postcards in the mail-- makes my heart smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Collar!!! i need my neal fix. mmmm.

    and i'm all for hearts smiling! more smiling hearts, that's what i say!! : )

    ReplyDelete