"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Friday 18 June 2010

What a crazy day so far!! I’m about to leave for the day, pick up subway for dinner & go to Erin’s to hang out for a bit. I haven’t seen her since my birthday party!! That’s too long. Heh.


So, today we had to spend 40 minutes in “shelter mode” because of a tornado warning for our county. Thank God there wasn’t actually one! Our shelter spots are conference rooms, the break rooms, and the hallways. The hallway usually turns into party central, as the UHC ppl come down there as well. However, it gets to feeling kinda claustrophobic for me, so I sat in the break room w/ the call center peeps. I’d seen Stacy in the break room & decided to try & get a little work done – we had a meeting scheduled for about 20 minutes after the alarm sounded. So, we tried to work, but we needed to check out some things in the computer, so we just hung out w/ the rest of the peeps & watched Days Of Our Lives. Then of course the weather broke in & we watched the radar as the bright red line of storms moved faster and faster toward us! I kept looking thru the thin door window across the room to the outside windows, too. It got darker & darker & then we heard thunder & rushing – but only briefly because the room was pretty well isolated and we were all being quite chatty!! *laugh* Finally, the skies cleared up, the radar cleared up and the all clear was given to go back to our desks! Heh. So, a nice little break since everything was fine! : )

They sent around a picture of my career advisor’s house & garage. OH my heck. They are so blessed to be alive! I didn’t realize the garage & house were connected like that. And apparently there was a problem with the water mane, so when the firefighters arrived, they couldn’t do anything but watch the house burn because there was no water to fight it with. : (





Anyway, I just wanted to give this brief little update before I left. Hope you’re having a blessed evening!!
TTFN! 

***********************



No comments:

Post a Comment