"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Wednesday 9 June 2010

I've Got Mail!!

Today was a fantabulous mail day!!  I'm sooooo tired right now, tonight was great, but I once again waited too long to start writing.  Well, I was talking w/ April & Joy & Erin, and watching Glee (MARVELOUS finale!) and Secret Life and One Life to Live.  Also, Phil came over to visit for an hour or so, and I had some actual hand-written letters to write.  I know, in this day & age of texting and computing and all that, it's shocking!!  Heh.  But I still (and hopefully forever will) enjoy the pen to paper contact, and receiving pen to paper notes!!  : ) 

So, withour further ado, I give you ... today's mail!  (Minus the postcard I received from Wisconsin because my scanner is acting up for some reason.  I'll try to upload it tomorrow.)


A very nice letter from my visiting teacher about the joys of the Sacrament.  And I must say, I love the Sacrament, or Communion.  To have a physical reminder of Christ's sacrifice for us is a very good thing.  When we drink the water/juice/wine and remember the Lord's lifeblood was spilled so that WE can be healed... When we eat the bread/cracker/wafer and remember that His body was beaten and bruised for OUR transgressions...it's a very powerful ceremony, don't ya think?



I ordered these beautiful notecards from Gussy.  Maggie does some nifty things with ruffles!  There are bags and checkbook covers as well as notecards, in case you are looking.  : )  They didn't hang around long, btw.  There were 4 of them, and they are going out to 4 very special ladies!! 


I love these Intrigue postcards advertising my friend B.J.'s stories!  She writes a pretty good romance.


Have I mentioned how much I love love LOVE free samples?  (Really, who doesn't??)  I signed up for P&G Everyday Solutions (tried to find a link & just can't at the moment, sorry!  Try Google later...) and they randomly send me samples.  Sometimes they'll send me emails, I'll sign up for free samples, and instead they will send me coupons for other random stuff I didn't ask for... But if you look at all the products under the P&G umbrella, I'm sure you'll find something you use/like!!  Also, I'm happy I got this lovely shampoo & conditioner, because it is summertime & my hair is a frizzy mop on top my head!!  We'll see if these help!  : )

I also was delighted to receive this jewel from my new friend Micaela. 

This card is from city.light photography, where I discovered many other amazing cards that I will need to purchase so that I may share them with the people!  *Love*

I hope you enjoy all these interesting places to visit, and maybe find something new you'll want to follow! 
For now, sleep calls my name, earlier than 2 a.m. this time, which is nice!  As Joy put it, I'm a nightowl...but a nightowl with a day job, so to bed I go quite soon!  : ) 

TTFN!! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you loved it! isn't her photography amazing? diana is the sweetest too!

    i LOVE that you sent me one from Gussy who has neat products as well! :)

    i'm in my homestate of TEXAS now, so i'll be sure to send you a postcard from my beloved state soon.

    I'm so glad to know you and have met you when i have, even under such circumstances :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're having a good time w/ your family & friends in Texas. I love it there! Corpus Christi holds some of my favorite memories. But I remember Austin & (Houston? I think...) fondly, as well. : )

    I think God guides us to ppl at the right time, and I'm very glad to know you, too!!

    ReplyDelete