"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Chasing Clouds

Today was a very nice day!  I didn't really want to get up, but once I did & got going, the Lord worked it out.  : )  I'm getting more entrenched in the timecard troubleshooting, and I really don't know how I get anything else done in a day!  *laugh*  The emails & phone calls fly on that subject alone!  It's fun, tho, and today I actually got thru a whole new scenario & fixed it all by myself!  Well, with the Lord's wisdom, of course, but it was cool. 

I had to visit the doctor for my annual BP review.  It actually went better than I'd thought it would.  Don't have to get labwork done til August, so that's a plus, too.  Nah, I actually don't mind giving blood as long as I don't have to fast, it's just the paying for it I don't like!  Anyway, after the doctor I got some chicken fries at BK & started a book I borrowed from Mom, Pendragon.  So far it's pretty interesting! 

Round about two o'clock, I decided that I wanted to do something yummy for dinner.  I didn't want expensive, but not Mickey D's.  I was lookin to spend about $10.  I texed Becca & she & Nate were up for Noodles & Company, so that's where I met 'em.  (Sidebar: I am soooooo grateful for the renewed friendship we've been able to cultivate, and all because of FB!  I know there are a lot of downsides to the whole social networking thing, but reconnecting and forming new friendships is worth it, for sure!)  We had some yummy food (which you can read about here if you're so inclined) and Nate was lots of fun.  : ) 

On my way home, the clouds were just too delectable to resist.  So I drove around for 1/2 an hour chasing the clouds.  It looked like it might storm at one point, but I don't think it did.  Might've rained, tho, once I got home... Anyway, the clouds were beautiful and I loved chasing after them!  I even stopped in some parking lots (WM, Lowes, Sonic) for some shots.  heh.  Oh, and speaking of - in the WM parking lot, all the way at the end, some ppl had set up camp.  Their RV was parked & they were sitting out in lawn chairs under the shade of a couple trees on an "island." They had a dog, too.  Just all sittin there enjoying the beautiful day.  It was really neat! 







I wanted to watch Army Wives & Drop Dead Diva & Last Comic Standing when I got home, but my computer had other ideas, so I popped in the last disc of season 1 of Walker & continued on my merry way.  Tomorrow's the only blank calendar day I've got this week, so hopefully I'll be able to watch everything when I get home then! 

I hope everyone had a really great Tuesday!  *hugs* & ttfn!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment