"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Wednesday 2 June 2010

the end. the beginning.

Not to be confused with "the beginning of the end."  : )

today was the end of Staycation 2010 and the beginning of my workweek.  to bid farewell to my staycation, i met some peeps at Granite City for lunch before heading back.  ahhh, the joys!  ahhh, the perils!  ahhh, the crab quesadilla and cheddar ale soup which were DELECTIBLE and of which i have no photos because i am a bad, bad food blogger lately!  despite my vows to be a better food blogger, i was so wrapped up in visiting with cousin jenni and aunt judy that i completely forgot to whip out my camera and take any pictures at all!  *pouty face* 

but, hey, i can use this (and the fact that jenni is awesome and very kind, and treated us to lunch, saving me some moolah!) as an excuse to go back again.  soon.  however, i can almost guaruntee i won't be getting the crab spinach artichoke quesadilla, because even tho it was yummy and i really liked it... my tummy did not really like it.  mmm.  actually, i'm going to retract that.  i think my tummy didn't like the salsa i put on there, because it liked it just fine at lunchtime, not so much at dinnertime.  okay, mystery solved.  still, next time i go i'll still be getting the soup (BEST ale soup i've ever tasted, really) but something else for my entree!  : ) 

it's amazing to me, sometimes, when i find out i have things in common with my family.  i don't know why it amazes me.  sometimes i just feel like the biggest dork, and like no one else could possibly enjoy the things i do, as much as i do.  do you ever feel like that??  so, it makes me happy when other ppl - especially family, but really anyone! - share my joys.  finding out aunt judy likes Lost.  finding out jenni shares my aversion to all things Avatar.  'twas good times!  we get to have more good times tomorrow night at sancho's, too, because uncle john & aunt debbie are coming back to town for a visit & that's our family hang out for such occasions!  perhaps i'll remember some pictures tomorrow, even!! 

(i'm very exclamation pointy today.  i left reply comments here, and some comments on other bloggies, and i seem so excited w/ all my !!!!  *laugh*  hopefully no one minds.  eep!  now i'm all self-conscious of the !!)

my afternoon FLEW by, really and truly.  when i walked out to my car at 4:30 it felt like i'd just arrived to work!  i guess having about 120 emails will do that to ya, right?  i actually got thru all of those and worked most of them (i think i have 25 left in my inbox to work on tomorrow), too.  admittedly, it did help that dave had taken care of a couple of the big timecard issues while i was gone!  thanks, dave!!  : ) 

tonight i watched Glee (oh, next week is the season finale, cry cry cry!!  i am going to miss it, but will watch my dvd over & over, i'm sure) and then... oh... did you know that America's Got Talent?  hee.  sorry.  hee.  i have enjoyed this show since it started, and yes the reason why was at least partly because of the Hoff!  i wasn't sure if i was going to watch this season, since he's no longer on, but the lil blurb popped up on my hulu and so i clicked.

howie mandel has replaced the Hoff, and i have liked howie almost as long, which makes me say Good Choice, PTB!  : )  he was the only reason i ever tuned in to that deal or no deal show.  the acts tonight (well, whenever it was actually on, but tonight for moi!) were really fun.  quite a few enjoyable acts, not too bad on the "bad" acts!  but at the end... they certainly saved the best for last.  michael grimm.  remember that name, folks, because i really and truly think he has the potential to win the whole shebang.  i don't like to call things right away on these types of shows, because anything can happen.  and i'm not sure AGT is going to really put thru a singer to the end.  but they should, my dear blog buddies!  they should!  check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.  i'm including the whole clip, but if you just want to hear his song, scroll to the last couple minutes.  i have listened to this 3 times already.  seriously i think he's my new crush!  : ) 




and now i have been up way too late - got a little too used to staying up & sleeping in.  heh.  tomorrow's a busy, busy day, tho, so sleep sounds good.  take care & TTFN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment