"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 16 August 2010

unexpected finds

oh my goodness, today was INSANE!!!  i'd checked my email last night because i wanted to make sure everything was still okay for my taking 4 hours off today.  everything looked normal & easy & like stuff i could handle when i came in at 1.  


so i slept til 9:30 & spent the morning doing bills & writing postcards & letters & the like.  : )  it was mostly a nice morning!  


then i got to work at 1 & it was still nice, but oh my heck the floodgates had opened up!!  slightly uncomfortable.  the email was fast & furious w/ 60 some emails that had come in out of nowhere (well, 1/2 of those were from my other mailbox, which i can't check from home and had forgotten about!).  i was answering questions & investigating and putting out "fires" left and right!  it was exciting and fast paced and maybe a little crazy.  *laugh*  i postponed dinner w/ michelle because i needed to stay til a little after 6.  i might be staying late all week, because there are some things that need to be done!  goodness me!  *laugh*  


anywhoo!  so, since dinner w/ michelle was off, i ordered take out from exotic thai & had pumpkin curry while i watched America's Got Talent (youtube edition) and talked w/ april about her good news (yay april!!!!).  : )  also, my cousin brenna asked if i had a 35mm film camera, and i used to but idk what happened to it!  while i was searching for it, i came across some cuuuuute Keroppi postcards: 






and some st. louis postcards: 






and my favorite find of the evening... this postcard i sent to myself from a daddy-daughter trip, ironically in August of 2002: 






oh, the memories that card invoked!  especially being so close on the heels of our adventureland adventure... : )  


of course daddy is always on my mind, but this being august... yeah.  i need to get going on my emails & letters out to the family who don't have FB, to gather my dad stories and pictures and get crackalackin on my storybook for leyton.  i have the whole layout in my head, i just need to dooooo iiiittttt!  *laugh*  i think i can, i think i can...!  


also, on the camera front - my friend nick volunteered to send me his because he doesn't use it anymore!  way to be generous, nick!!  go nick!  nick's the man!  we <3 nick!!  : )  


for now, blog buddies, i must bid you goodnight.  i hope your mondays were magical, and that your tuesdays are tubular.  (hahaha, sorry, 80's surfer flashback!)  : )  


t
t
f
n

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment