"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 30 August 2010

just a quickie, because it's about 40 minutes past when i should have been in bed!  but i got to chat w/ joy tonight, so that was worth the lateness.  : )  i didn't get to check in w/ april about her first day, but she left me a FB note saying it went well.  yay!  God is good, ppl, God is so oooo oooo good!  : )  


i got to chat w/ aunt judy tonight as well.  she called to tell me about uncle gary's 67th birthday party (well, more of an open house, come say hello & happy day, not really a party) on sunday.  hopefully leyton & i can make it out there!  she's going to look for some pictures for me, and told me one story about how, when my dad came to visit her on leave from the Navy, she didn't recognize him because when he left he was 5'8", and when he came back he'd grown 4 inches!  lol  


today was definitely a monday!  it went really well, just hectic.  i didn't get a chance to do anythink i'd planned as far as my actual work goes until about 4:30.  the rest of the day was all email and phone issues.  not as in i was having issues w/ email or phone.  *laugh*  as in, i would get a lovely email asking me to help w/ an issue, i would help with that issue, and then 3 more would pop into my in box.  i would just be working the last one, when ... you guessed it!  it went along this way allllll day.  i loved it!  : )  (good thing, too...lol)  finally things quieted down around 4:30, & i stayed til 6 to get the paperwork done.  tomorrow, the plan is to complete the rest of my error report that i prepped on saturday!  woot!  


oh, aside from all of that - had to visit the vampires before work.  my appt wasn't until 8:40, and i showed up at 8:20, expecting to have to wait, so i had a book w/ me.  i hadn't even had time to read 3 sentences when they called my name!  i was in & out by 8:35, and to work at 8:45!  how's that for service on an 8:40 appointment?  *laugh*  also, i had a meeting (it was a really interesting and kinda fun one, too!) at 10.  


trish & i met her daughter, megan, at culver's for lunch.  my tastebuds were kinda spotty today, but i did manage to enjoy my ham & swiss on rye.  actually, since it was on rye, it was probably a good thing my buds were only at half mast.  lol  


after work, i headed across the street to hy vee - grocery day!!!  i got the normal things, milk, cheese, OJ, soda, tortillas, cottage cheese, brownie bites...mmmm... and i also found what looks to be amazingly delicious butternut squash ravioli.  i can't wait to make it, with a sweet cream sauce!  i'm thinking lots of nutmeg & cinnamon, but am going to taste one first to see what would go w/ it.  bacon might also be involved in this sauce... : )  i'll post more about it on the menu after i've made it, tho.  WITH pictures!  i thought there was something wrong w/ the camera uncle gene & aunt nancy gave me, but it just needed to be charged.  woot!!  


jen texed to see if i could watch leyton tomorrow, and i said of course.  : )  so, i'll bring my big camera & have some fun pictures of him tomorrow.  he's so cute, and i've helped shape a love of photography in him, i think. or perhaps made him a little center of the universe... hmmm.  the other day, he was riding his horse & said, "do you want to take a picture of me, gramma?"  and he said the same thing to me last week, when i had to explain that my phone doesn't take pictures.  LOL  


good times!  and now i really must be going... oh, but i will leave you with the postcrossing i found in my mail today.  from Canada - ironic, since i was just talking about my love of that country yesterday, right??  : )  






BEAUTIFUL red fox!  : ) 


ttfn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment