"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Tuesday 10 August 2010

tt-ttt-ttttuuuueeeessssday!

ugh.  it is hot.  hot.  hot.  last august wasn't this hot, was it?  i don't remember my A/C bill being that high last year anyway!  bah.  and i have a smoke alarm in the guest room beeping it's "i need a battery" song.  i don't have a battery for it right now!  have to remember to pick up a 9v tomorrow.  i think that's what it takes.  maybe i can get phil over here to mow the jungle & bring a battery w/ him.  hmmm.  


oh, also, i was trying to watch secret life & the computer kept freeeeezing up.  i don't have all night!  well, normally i would, but jen texted me to see if i'd come over so she could go play volleyball at 9:30.  WTH schedules VB for 9:30 on a work night??  and wth did i agree to this?  ugh.  *laugh*  really, it'll be fine, as long as she has her a/c going.  she is not as warm blooded as i am, and she's much more money conscious when it comes to the a/c.  ah well, i guess if it's too hot i'll just turn it down & tell her she can send me a bill for the difference if her bill is too high.  cuz to me, in this horrid weather, a/c is important!  plus, ya know, i don't want to pass out.  lol  anyway, leyton will be sleeping, so i can read.  maybe i'll finish born of fire!  : )  


anyway, today was pretty good, really, all around.  training.  i like the new girl, she's quirky & funny & seems like a hard worker.  


******  paragraph moved for political reasons.  LOL ******


*grumble*  


LOL  anyway, anyway, anyway!  : )  lunch was really fun.  and unexpected.  i really wanted tacos, but al & matt wanted haefner's.  so, that was the plan, but then matt didn't have his ID, and he is blessed w/ good genes & still looks 18 or 19 or so.  and the last time we were there w/ him, he WASN'T 21, and we didn't get to eat there.  so, if they remembered that he wasn't 21 last time & asked for his ID... so, that was out!  *laugh*  they decided to go to china wok.  i opted out.  i used to love china wok, but then i got some undercooked chicken & their crab ragoon no longer have crab or even any spices in them!  they're essentially cream cheese wontons, and ... yeah.  they are really friendly and a pepsi place, but that was just not enough to make me go back there.  so i ended up w/ my own veggie rice & ate w/ some of the peeps on trish's side of the office.  we talked about shopping & the fact that a couple of us have friday off, so today was our "wednesday!"  lol  and we watched Millionare & i was on a streak of right answers!!  : )  


okay, i guess i don't get to finish SL til tomorrow.  jen said she won't be home til 10:30 or 11, so i'll likely just go to bed when i get home, because tomorrow i HAVE to take chloe to the car peeps!  i didn't even get her cleaned out, it's just too muggy & awful out.  *sigh*  oh well!  but that means up at 6:30, so i really need to get to bed!  *laugh*  so happy that jen lives just down the road from me now!!  : )  


take care, and i hope your tuesday was terrific!  ; )  ttfn!!  





3 comments:

  1. And I just got a text saying vb was cancelled, so I guess I'm staying put! heh.

    Soo... now that I'm staying home, do you think I'll shut the computer off & get to bed by 11:30? ; ) Depending on how long you've known me, you may know the answer to that question... LOL

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I love that you watch Secret Life, in the dark, on your failing computer too. I get so frusterated when it "buffers" constantly, but then I get mad at myself because I shouldn't care about a show that's so lame in so many ways. But what can I say? I'm a secret Secret Life lover. UNITE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secret Life is like 7th Heaven (and by the same writer, hmmm) - there are so many things about the show that annoy you, but you just.cant.look.away. And also, I love Adrian! : )

    ReplyDelete