"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Thursday 12 August 2010

Haircut!

Not mine, Leyton's.  It's a little too short (but it'll grow) and it still looks marvelously cute!  


But don'tchya think?  






Tonight they picked me up & we went to WM.  Petrol first, which is why we're right by the We Sell Cigars! sign.  Haircut makes the BK crown fit well.  Heh.  In the store, we picked up snacks for our trip & looked for water shoes.  No luck, too late in the season, darn it!  Leyton did find a nifty shirt/shorts outfit that has a train on it, tho!  Also, we saw cousin Mike, which was cool!  He's a rock star, you know.  He plays percussion (bongos and drums, mostly...)  One of his sisters, Mandi, is an amazing singer.  Their other two sisters are not really musically inclined, other than being fans of music and having pretty good musical taste.  *laugh*  


Anywhoo!  After the awesome snackfest at WM, we went to Toys R Us so I could FINALLY get Stephen's bday present (Scrabble Jr).  Now, to just get to the PO tomorrow before we leave so I can mail it...*prays*  While there, I found this dress that I really wish they had in my size, because I would totally wear this to work on Monday!  ; )  






Okay, maybe not to work, but I WOULD wear it, I'd find a place to wear it!  It's pretty!  Oh yes, and it did come with a hat, thank you for asking.  


Also, whole rack of cute, cute, Cuuuuute ...costumes?...!  






Love the giraffe outfit!  : )  


Leyton, who I think was hungry, because it was about two hours past when we would normally have eaten, had a mini meltdown when it was time to leave.  Mom wasn't feeling well or we would have stayed to play at the store for a bit, and Leyton really didn't want to leave!  It was a tense 10 minutes, I tell ya.  Finally we distracted him enough & got him laughing & out to the car - where he had another 5 minutes of whining & being a brat until I distracted him again.  (Poor Mom, in this case especially w/ her not feeling well, she handled herself really well!)  


We went to Steak & Shake & you can read about that here.  LOL  Self Cross Promotion!  ; )  It's so funny - whenever Leyton has to go potty, he always wants Aunt Carrie to take him to the bathroom.  So I do.  And then he won't go!  He plays around in the stall for a bit & then says, "Nah, I don't have to go!"  Then makes Gramma take him to the loo 5 minutes later!  *laugh*  goofy kid.  Anyway, so I was in the bathroom about 3 times before he actually went.  We had fun playing after we were done eating, and all in all it was a good night!  


Tomorrow I need to get up by 9, get all packed & head to the Post Office & Bank.  Mom & Leyton are picking me up at like 11 or 11:30 & we'll head to DM.  I've heard Altoona got a ton of rain yesterday & parts were flooded, so praying that everything goes well for our travels!  And also for the family of the 16 year old girl who perished in the flooding.  : (   


Please pray for a safe journey for us & that it won't be too hot for us!!  


Got to talk to my dear friend Georgette tonight, which was awesome.  : ) She has an interesting story that hopefully you will all read in a book someday, but for now I will just say, I'm very grateful that she has found her way back to the Lord.  I don't love her more now than I did before, I'm just VERY VERY happy for her.  : )  


However, that phone call lasted awhile & now I really do need to get to bed!!  : )  I'll leave you with some fun photos from tonight.  TTFN!  Love ya!  : )  










The story here - I said, "Say cheese!" and he did.  Then I showed him this picture & he said, "Why am I crying?"  LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment