"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Friday 27 August 2010

RUDE!

So, Trish & I walked to Uncle Pete’s for lunch. We met Steve & his gf there (she’s really nice!) & had yummy gyros w/ lots of cucumber sauce! : ) It was a good lunch.


There was a black mark on the experience, tho, and I almost flipped some kids the bird. Which, if I’d been paying more attention to them and less to Trish (which would have been rude! LOL), I probably would have stooped to that level. This was a car full of 4 or 5 kids. They seemed to be kids from the HS next door, probably on their lunch break, too. So, the driver had to’ve been a junior or senior, because you’re not allowed to drive w/ more than one other person under 18 in the car when you first start driving, I think. Anyway, the point.


The point is that these kids were RUDE. I heard a high-pitched noise coming from the car, but – as I was paying attention to Trish & not to them – I just thought it was the radio or they were talking to each other loudly or something. So, completely oblivious, and they stopped whatever they were doing. But the HUGE girl in the front seat was cracking up from whatever the driver was saying. Now, I only mention her size in this case because I couldn’t really see around her TO the driver. I think he had crazy long curly hair, tho (think Carrot Top). So, as their light turns green & they drive away, the driver looks around the huge girl and screams again, what he must have been repeating when they pulled up, “Moley moley moley.” At me.


Stupid Austin Powers movie. Seriously. I’m sorry that our society can’t handle the fact that ppl have birthmarks, but shouldn’t parents be teaching their children some tact, politeness, manners, whatever you want to call it? Oh, wait, their parents are the ones teaching them this *BLEEP*!!!!!!!!!


I have a rather large mole on my chin. I have moles and freckles all over. That’s what color my skin is. I don’t have perfect smooth skin. I’m like a multicolored bunny or something. For the most part – other than the fact that ppl talk about moles/cancer in the same breath, which really annoys me – I am happy w/ my skin. Or, with myself. Or, at least used to it! I remember a kid in elementary school – at church, btw – making fun of my mole. It really hurt me, and I was embarrassed for a long time about it.


But that was before I was an aunt. Aunt Carrie is asked questions by her nieces and nephews about her mole. They want to touch it & wonder why it’s on her face. And Aunt Carrie wanted to let them know that it’s not something to be embarrassed about – because the first niece to ask also has moles. When I put on that Aunt Carrie hat, it really changed my perspective on a lot of different things. I want them to feel like ppl w/ different things aren’t to be shied away from. Questions aren’t bad. That I will always tell them the truth. I hear Mom or Phil or someone answering Leyton sometimes w/ what sounds like the short answer or a throw away answer. I don’t want to be that person. I want him (and the others) to grow up knowing he can ask me anything and I won’t lie to him or dumb it down for him.


Anyway, the point is that those kids’ parents should have taught them better manners. I never would have thought to yell out something mean from the car to someone standing on the street. And if I was less confident that I’m loved (I said in myself at first, which I am, but I don’t think I’m hot or anything. I just think I’m awesome and even if my outside is a bit different, I’m still a child of the King and am loved, so I’m awesome! *laugh* ya know? ) that could have really sent me into a depression or something. They don’t know. Maybe their mean, rude comments would have made me go home and chop my face up, or worse. Instead, I’m just writing a blog about the rude kids, and if my camera had been working, I’d show you what they looked like. LOL


*************


so that was about my day.  lol  it went really fast, and for the most part the annoyances were minimal!  


i only stayed til 5:30, because i was tired and i'll be back in tomorrow at 9:30 for a few hours.  


when i got home, i IMMEDIATELY jammied, because i'd been dreaming of jammie-ing for the last 2 hours of work!  *laugh*  and then 5 minutes later, mom texted to see where i was, and then i called her back & then she asked if i wanted t see a movie, and of COURSE i want to see a movie, so i went to the theatre to meet her there.  : )  


we saw Eat, Pray, Love.  i want to read the book now.  and it was a good movie, i enjoyed almost all of it!  there were about 10 minutes in the middle that i thought, "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz." but then javier bardem came on and ... i didn't think i really liked him, but mmmm.  i did tonight!  *laugh*  


anywhoo... oh!  i had some postal love when i got home, but am too lazy to scan the cards right now.  one was a sea turtle from micaela (THANK YOU again!) and another was a postcrossing of shakespeare's home from great britain.  sweet!  i'll try to be good & scan them all tomorrow... : ) 


for now, i really think sleep is calling my name.  the weather change has caused my sinuses to be all stuffy & weird, and my head feels all icky, and i could sleep for 14 hours.  but i only get to sleep for about 9.  so... heh!  ttfn!  




5 comments:

  1. bless you my darling. I don't understand intentional hurt-- and you're exactly right, why aren't kids taught better manners? it's heartbreaking...

    i want to hug you for being the aunt you are.
    because you are BEAUTIFUL-- God made you that way ;)

    He knew what He was doing!

    xoxo

    ps. i'm so glad you like the sea turtle! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and Javier Bardem!?!? gorgeous yes!!! i didn't think so at first but his personality... oh his ease.. his "my darling's..." oh it sooo works! AND YES! please read "eat pray love"-- i was so glad to have read it before seeing this film because it really is quite powerful. It changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have moles on my face (and all over my body, really), and I too have felt the pain of rude people saying things about them. It used to really hurt my feelings, but it doesn't anymore. You're right though, people have no right to be so rude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley Ann, thank you for stopping by and sharing as well! I'm glad that you've decided not to let rude ppl hurt your feelings anymore. We will hold our heads high because WE ROCK! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micaela, if I haven't told you yet this week, you are amazing and awesome and a blessing in my life! Thank you for being YOU! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete