"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 9 August 2010

happy mail monday

so, today was alright.  training a new gal at work. or, pre-training.  of course, accesses need to be granted & all that jazz, so basically today was a get the desk organized & read some process documentation kinda day.  on the access train, the gal who was helping & who was planning to finish things up today, lost her accesses & was unable to do anything!  i just shake my head sometimes...

i ate what is usually a yummy soup for lunch.  and then had a HORRIBLE tummy ache the rest of the day!  it still hurts!  :(   idk what the what, but i hope i don't have food poisoning!  i don't want it to actually be doing any DAMAGE to my insides.  bother.  it'll be awhile before i can eat that kinda soup again, too.  *shudder*  (italian wedding, in case you're wondering.  normally very good, right??  oye.)

was happy to get home to pre-jammie & vegetate!  : )  and in my mailbox were two lovely surprises!


this adorable postcrossing card is from a seal sanctuary in great britain at blakeney on the north norfolk coast.  don't you just wanna kiss his lil nose??  i do!!

and this gem came from marianne, who recently vacationed here.  i was totally not expecting it, and it made me smile!  (thanks again, marz!)

i'd planned to watch army wives & drop dead diva - especially after april asked if i'd watched DDD yet!  lol  but i didn't even get to hulu, because i was researching hotels for this weekend's trip.  did you know that apparently EVERYONE picked this weekend to be in des moines?  is there something going on there this weekend that i am unaware of?  cuz hotels are BOOKED, man!  we did manage to find one, thank God.  but then i was reading the site -

well, let me tell you what happened.  i finally found a hotel that said they had vacancies, and it had a 4/5 positive rating and everything else we look for in a hotel (other than cookies.  oh, doubletree...!).  gave mom the number so she could call & reserve.  she called back a bit later & said that hotel was booked (internet, lied to me, waaahhhh!) but they found a room at a holiday inn.  i checked out the site & it looks pretty good, not as nice as the other one - the reviews aren't as good anyway - but it said, "air conditioned public areas."  now, idk how much traveling you do, or booking online, but when 99% of the sites mention air conditioned rooms, specifically, and this one mentions air conditioned "public areas," AND it's iowa in the middle of summer... well, i sorta got this panicky "what if they don't have A/C in the rooms?!" kinda feeling.  lol  so i called the phone number to check, and of course got a call center in india.  i just wanted to make sure the rooms had air conditioning & the lady had to take down my confirmation number and phone number and whatnot.  yeesh!  i'm glad i kept that # up on the screen & remembered to use mom's number!  lol

anyway, it's all good, at least according to janice in india - the rooms are air conditioned.

whew!  and now i am going to log off here (early!) and read for a couple hours.  LOVE sherri's books, love love love!  : )  take care & have a great tuesday!!  tantalize someone tomorrow!  ; )

ttfn!

2 comments:

  1. awww I want to kiss that lil guy's nose too! :) I'm so glad you got my postcard! I asked twinkie for your address too :) I so enjoyed your family's Key West guest blogs that I thought of you while I was in Florida. And little did I know that you had done the same thing and I came home to your package!!! :) You are wonderful Carrie! I love reading your posts! I'm glad you were able to find a room with A/C! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marz, thank you! I think it's so neat that we did the same thing! I bet Micaela enjoyed being the secret-keeper, too. : ) Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete