"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Monday 19 April 2010

Trip Photos and a little blurb for today

The trees & bushes were just POPPING out along the interstate.  So pretty!
Also out in FULL force - big bugs who liked to fly straight into the windshield. 
More bug guts, but also the fun things we saw on the road - a play schoolhouse!  It was so cute - I wish I'd taken a photo of the front, it was faux brick.  : )
Road snacks!  Pretty tastey chips, to boot!  : ) 
Speaking of tastey chips, we stopped here for lunch.  There'll be more info & pics on the food blog, but probably not til tomorrow.  It's getting late!  (I was distracted by a kickbutt episode of Celebrity Apprentice.  Lots of drama!  And I didn't start this post as early as I should have!  LOL)
Cleaning off the bug guts cuz they got to be really distracting!!  LOL  and Ewwww!  and LOL again!


After I got Chloe back (Praise the Lord!  Praise the Lord!) I went to Omahaha to grab a quick dinner with these peeps.  Kathryn gave me a bead necklace like the one she's wearing.  William was doing his best to keep the adults on their toes.  *laugh* 

I'm quite glad I made the trip - I would've really kicked myself if I'd been that close & hadn't hung out!  : )

Today, I am so happy that I had an extra hour to sleep!  Well, "extra" is a relative term I guess.  LOL  Same 7 hours of sleep, just didn't have to make it 6!  It was a pretty busy & hectic day, LOTS of interesting things goin on!  And Phil called to see if I could come over after work, so I had that to look forward to.  Yet another reason to be thankful Chloe's back - goin to play w/ Leyton on short notice!  : )  I picked up the Mandarin (Mongolian beef for Phil, combo fried rice for me, crab ragoon for all, yummy!) for dinner & got there about 6.  Played for an hour, and tho Leyton had a few moments of whininess, it was a fun hour!!!

I finally got to give him the new golf set.  I think this one might actually survive more than a month... LOL  He did a great job of picking up after we played & putting everything back in its proper place!!  : )

I'm not entirely sure what he was thinking, having the hole on the stairs.  I tried to get him to play on the other side of the house where the ground was a little smoother, but we had fun anyway!  *laugh*

Yes, I know his helmet isn't buckled.  He likes to wear it but doesn't want it buckled yet, and he doesn't go that fast.  And we survived just fine w/o helmets.  LOL 

So, there you have it!  My trip in pictures and a couple from today.  I hope you've enjoyed the trip! 

TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. Why is it that you can drive around your own city for months and not kill any bugs, but 10 minutes on any road trip will have them splattered everywhere?

    The last time I went anywhere, we saw a hearse with paper cutouts of shoes taped to the back window...morbid? Funny? I say both.

    Kathryn and William are super cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Yes, I agree on all counts!

    And I like the new thumbnail picture!

    ReplyDelete