"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Wednesday 28 April 2010

pandora radio and zoo stuff

i added metallica to my phil collins/yanni station.  added some depth.  i wish i could take my pandora station with me in the car!  i love the concept of this whole site (http://www.pandora.com/ in case you want to create your own station, ya know)!  prior to adding metallica, i had just phil & yanni in there, and they gave me songs by peter cetera, journey, peter gabriel (well, of course they gave me genesis for phil, and peter was the singer before him)... now that i've added metallica, they've also given me nirvana & danzig (so far).  there have been a couple songs that i really didn't like, but i just hit the "dislike" button & this message pops up - "we're so sorry, we'll delete this song and never play it again."  *laugh*  isn't that cute? 

oh, this morning in the car i listened to dwyer & michaels, and they were talking to tom ...?  the director for niabi zoo, who will soon be going to jack hanna's zoo in columbus.  and jack hanna called in!!!  it was cool.  normally i like music for the ride to work, more than talking, even tho i like dave & darin & dwyer & michaels.  but the interview & phone call this morning suckered me in.  dude has done SO MUCH for naibi, taken it from a piddly lil zoo to a nationally recognized attraction!  they're doing construction & i'm not sure when it's opening this year, but i can't wait!!  we have a new baby giraffe, and i've missed the elephants.  did you know it's a dream of mine to pet an elephant trunk?  i imagine that they're kinda rough and leathery and warm, but idk cuz i've never touched one.  yet.  but i will.  i'm not sure how...  i want to pet a giraffe, too, and maybe some day a dolphin at the aquarium.  i imagine they feel like plastic ball, all taut & smooth. 

isn't it funny how you can have a sensory experience just from imagination?  i have no point of reference for my imaginings of how these animals feel, other than sight.  oh, i just hope the zoo opens soon & that we get to go!  : ) 

today i miss it here:  and want to go back...(take 2 - computer froze earlier...)




that last one is my favorite, because the glacier was my favorite field trip during our stay in juneau.  : )  i loved being surrounded by mountains, looking out from our B&B onto water and mountains - my two favorite things! 


this is my baby brother, who is bout 6'4" tall now.  : )  today, he came over & replaced my livingroom lightbulb and mowed my lawn.  he's so awesome, and i loves him!  : ) 

and since i have all these lovely things tonight, i'm going to read for 1/2 an hour & then go to bed.  today was kinda exhausting! 

ttfn!

2 comments:

  1. What is cuter than an elephant, please tell me that. They are rough and bristly and dry. Makes you feel bad and wanna douse them in some lotion. Oooh I want to pet a giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I wonder what an elephant would do if one night a zookeeper slathered him with elephant-friendly lotion? Probably stampede, and then it wouldn't be funny. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete