"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Friday 11 February 2011

*sniffle*sneeze*cough*sniffle*

that's right, ppl, i'm all stuffy once again!  :(  i'm hoping and praying it's just a momentary thing.  i already had my cold this year, thankyouverymuch!  *pout*  


anyway, all the puffs are in chloe, so i guess it's a good thing we have lots of TP so i can blow my nose!  lol  or i could *ahem* go out to the car & get the tissues.  whatever.  stop throwing logic at me.  i'm tired and grumpy & logic has no place here!  j/k.  logic always has a place here.  i'm 1/2 vulcan, after all.


(star trek vulcan.  not a vulcanologist or however you spell someone who studies volcanoes! :))  


it's midnight & i'm feeling a little random, can you tell?  i thought i was hiding it, but i guess not!


SO HAPPY IT IS THE WEEKEND!!!!!!  


lots of things going on at work, and 10 hour days are great for the paycheck, but my body and mind are just exhausted.  i'll be happy to get back to 40 hour weeks in april.  that's right, i am expecting to be BUSY for the next couple months at least.  : )  praise the Lord for that, right??  and there's other stuff going on in march & april - back to doing payroll for one thing, and it's easier and yet more involved now, so ... (easier in that i'm doing less, but on more days, if that makes sense!)


today was a good day, tho.  yesterday was good, too.  wednesday was good.  just all loooong.  last night when i got home, i read for awhile.  bret & i watched modern family, which i hadn't seen before, and it is a hilarious show!  i mostly liked it!  today i was at work 7:30 - 6 & then i went to the hallmark to peruse what was left of their christmas sale stuff.  75% off!  i found some cards and ornaments... which may or may not be given before christmas, because seriously they are CUTE!  : )  i also found a plaque for becca which just made me think of her!  and this cute snowman in a ball.  it was $80 worth of stuff for $20.  how about THAT?!  : )  : )  : )  


i met becca at the chinese buffet for dinner at 7:30.  so much fun!!  her birthday is next week & her party is next saturday at biagi's.  YUMMY!  i haven't been to biagi's since my cousin kathy was in town two years ago!  (she was in town last year, too, but that was when we all met at cousin dawn's & hung out.  i am soooo soooo blessed by my family.  was reading boo's blog tonight, and just reflecting on how awesome and talented she is, how talented all my cousins are.  i'll stop gushing now.  but really - they are all amazing!  and i have quite a lot of them, even!)  


when i got home, becks texted that her son, nate, was having some neck pain.  please keep him in prayer that everything will be OK and that it's just a crink like we all get & will go away.  thank you!  


tomorrow juli & i are going to lunch, don't know where.  can't wait to visit w/ her for a bit!  


so, i just got a note from a FB friend who is from my childhood church.  he's organizing a youth group reunion.  i can't find my post about the abuse & harassment i went through at that same youth group, but most of you know the story.  the short version is that i was very good friends with a lot of ppl at church until jr high when all those i was friends w/ seemed to disappear into jr. high attitude land, and i was no longer good enough to hang out w/ them for one reason or another.  so i went to adult church w/ my mom on youth group nights.  for some reason, the youth leaders didn't like this, and would call me every tuesday to try & convince me i needed to be in youth group.  they would listen to my reasons why i didn't want to come & would reassure me that they would sit w/ me, or whatever, and would keep me from feeling left out.  i resisted, most of the time.  but then when i would give in, and believe them - they would say hi to me, and put on a show, but it was just that - a show.  and it was worse than it had been before, because i'd allowed them to scale my walls, and they betrayed me, again.  and then i would go back to adult church w/ my mom, and the phone calls would start over again.  :(  (okay, not so short version, i guess.  and my stomach is literally in knots just thinking about this, so i'm going to stop now.  i'm happy for those who have happy memories, memories of how a youth group for the LORD should be.  but those are not my memories, and the abuse and harassment of that time unfortunately shaped much of my anxiety issues today.  so, even tho i don't hold anything against the friends organizing this group - honestly, most of them graduated from youth a few years before i entered - - i just can't be a part of the group...)  but i want to go to the reunion, except i'm afraid it would bring up all the old...well, it already is, so... but maybe if shelley or shawna are going, i can go w/ them & then it would at least take care of the "going in alone" part... idk.  oh... 


seriously, thinking about that is giving me issues!  :(  i'm 34 years old.  i am loved.  i am confident.  mostly.  the LORD is the important One.  and still... these things that happened 20 years ago still have this illogical power over my stomach.  crazy.  


ANYWAY.
i received 2 postcrossings & a postcard from stephen today, along w/ my People magazine!  : )  i will post pictures later - bret's sleeping so i don't want to use the scanner at the moment.  (yet i'm typing... sorry, bret!  but this is what happens when i don't get home til 10!)


ummm... i lost my train.  of thought.  or something.  


i think i'll go to bed.  it's almost 1.  maybe a piece of cheese... no, i brushed my teeth already.  oh, idk.  i'm kinda hungry but don't want many carbs.  now i'm just rambling, sorry!  i'm going to bed.  *HUGS* to all my peeps.  you (yes, YOU) are important to me, and don't you forget it!  


so, um... TTFN!  HAPPY weekend, seriously, HAPPY.


p.s.
if anyone knows jamie of Daydream Believer, please give her my email & ask her to add me to her blog list.  idk why it's suddenly private, but i miss her blog - one minute i was reading her bachelor review for the week, the next *poof* access denied!  :(  so... if anyone can help a sister out, that'd be cool.  


ttfn again! 



No comments:

Post a Comment