"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-Plautus

Sunday 13 February 2011

resting

today i did pretty well on my goal of more reading.  : )  i got up & awake around 9 & had a Pretender marathon while reading my Peoples.  it was nice, other than the constant sneezing, coughing, nose blowing, BLAAAAH ing.  *laugh*  


around 6 i left to pick up bret at borders.  normally, this trek would be a straight shot & only take about 15 minutes to get there.  however, 53rd, the road i took, had a blackout that was about 12 blocks wide!!  so, that meant stop & go traffic for 12 blocks.  bumper to bumper.  CRAZINESS!  thankfully everyone did really good w/ the every other car, taking turns thing.  still, took me about 45 minutes to get to bret!  


and that's the short version of my day.  *laugh*  i know, you are shocked by the shortness of this post.  i'm sure i could share all the thoughts floating around in my head today, but i've decided to just fix some butter noodles & watch my show & read my magazines.  : )  i hope your sunday was very restful, too!  


ttfn.  : )  



1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better darling!!! I would have gone crazy being stuck in that bumper to bumper mess! I def couldn't live in a big city like Dallas because I could never deal with the traffic, plus I'm too scared to drive in a big city period haha Bret is lucky to have you :) You are such a good friend :) Butter noodles sound soooo good right now (I'm about to leave for lunch!) Hope you're having a good Valentine's Day so far! xo

    ReplyDelete